Mersen develops a large portfolio of solutions for hydro generators meeting both OEM and aftermarket requirements.
Carbon brushes, slip rings, dust collectors, brush holders
Mersen’s technical teams work closely with industry to develop engineered solutions and services to:
- optimize brush performance
- improve reliability
- reduce unplanned generator downtime
Mersen’s carbon brushes are used on performance-efficient hydroelectric generator turbine ring applications. Our brush-holders and slip ring assemblies are designed to OEM requirements and guarantee excellent brush performance.
Carbon dust collection systems
Mersen Dust Collector (Patented) Systems are designed to improve hydro generator efficiency by extracting over 90% of carbon brush dust at its source, avoiding dust dispersion and ensuring greater reliability for continuous power production.
Mersen’s comprehensive range of mechanical components are perfectly suited to continuous or alternating currents. Our self-lubricating carbon and graphite seals and bearings are proven solutions for energy production.
We offer motor and maintenance services:
- Diagnostics, on-site interventions, refurbishing and re-engineering of components
- Tools and measuring devices
Power distribution and management
Mersen offers a wide range of products dedicated to electrical solutions.
- Fuses and fusegears
- Overcurrent protection solutions to protect power modules and semiconductor devices.
- Heat sink and cooling equipment to carefully handle power losses during semiconductor conversions.
Laminated bus bars
- Conductor solutions for quality power distribution (laminated bus bar).